Activities Guide: 20 Ways to Level Up Your Summer
Jun 28, 2021
School’s out! Yay? While summer is undoubtedly an exciting season, you’re not alone if it leaves you feeling a little chaotic. With high temps, loose schedules, and kids who never seem to run out of energy, you might be in need of some fresh-squeezed ideas to keep summer fun for everyone involved. Here are 20 ways to level up your summer with the kids.
- Bust out the camping gear. Hello backyard adventure!
- Have a tea party. Play a little make believe, set up your MUNCHkin set, and act like royalty.
- Head to the library. Cool off inside with a good book.
- Have a toy swap. Team up with another family to freshen up the toy collection.
- Start a hobby as a family. Take up cooking, biking, or whatever else you’re into!
- Volunteer. Pick a cause you care about, and use it as a time to teach your kids the importance of giving back.
- Watch a movie outdoors. Set up a projector, grab the popcorn, and voila!
- Go on a family ice cream date. There’s nothing like cold ice cream in the hot summer. Make some memories together over a scoop or two.
- Take a family vacation. You deserve it! Explore somewhere new that you’ll all enjoy.
- Pull out the sprinkler. Send your kids outside in their suits, and let them cool down the fun way!
- Go stargazing. Get set up in the backyard and take in the constellations together.
- Build a sandcastle. Go to the beach, if you have one nearby, or opt for a sandbox instead.
- Make campfire s’mores. Who doesn’t love s’mores? Set up your own campfire, and roast marshmallows to your heart’s content.
- Build a fort. Grab your blankets, twinkle lights, and pillows, and go crazy. You can even cozy up with your family favorite movie.
- Have a water balloon fight. Your kids can cool off, get some energy out, and have fun at the same time. That’s a win!
- Set up a lemonade stand. Have some fun, while developing some business chops too.
- Take a daily family walk. Don’t forget to bring your stroller along!
- Plant a garden. Grow your own flowers or veggies, and go all in on something everyone will enjoy!
- Visit a town close-by. You know that little town you always want to go to, but never do? Pack up your Traveler, and get a change of scenery.
- Go for a swim. Hop in your (or the community!) pool, bring some snacks, and enjoy the sun.
Wherever your summer adventures take you, don't forget to bring Zoe along for the ride!